In today’s world, convenience is key, and what is more convenient than having just one remote to control all your devices? The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is a universal remote that can pair with various TV brands, LG TV being one of them. This article aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to pair your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV.
Why pairing a Samsung OneRemote with LG TV is important
Pairing your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV is essential because, without it, you will need to use two different remotes. This can be inconvenient and frustrating, especially for those who have multiple devices connected to their TVs. By pairing your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV, you can simplify your entertainment system and streamline the entire user experience.
In addition, pairing your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV can also improve the functionality of your TV. With the OneRemote, you can access all the features of your LG TV, including the smart TV functions, without having to switch between remotes. This means you can easily navigate through your favorite streaming services, adjust the volume, and control other connected devices, all with just one remote.
Understanding the compatibility of Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A with LG TV
Before we delve into the steps on pairing your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV, it is essential to understand the compatibility of the remote with TVs. The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is compatible with a wide range of Samsung and other brands of TVs, and LG is one of them. The remote uses IR (Infrared) technology to communicate with your TV, which means both devices must have line-of-sight access to each other for it to work correctly.
It is also important to note that while the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A can control basic functions of your LG TV, such as changing channels and adjusting volume, it may not be able to access all the features of your TV. This is because some LG TVs have unique features that require specific remote controls or apps to access. Therefore, it is recommended to check your LG TV’s manual or website to see which features can be controlled by the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A.
Steps to follow while pairing Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A with LG TV
The steps to follow while pairing Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A with LG TV are straightforward and easy to follow. Here is a detailed guide on how to do it:
- Press and hold the “Return” and “Extra” buttons on your Samsung OneRemote at the same time until the “Pairing Complete” message appears on your TV.
- Press “OK” to confirm the pairing message.
- Your Samsung OneRemote is now paired with your LG TV.
However, if you encounter any issues while pairing your Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A with LG TV, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. Firstly, ensure that your TV is turned on and that your OneRemote is within range. You can also try resetting your OneRemote by removing the batteries and holding down the power button for 10 seconds before replacing the batteries.
It is also worth noting that not all LG TVs are compatible with Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A. Before attempting to pair your devices, check your TV’s user manual or contact LG customer support to confirm compatibility.
Troubleshooting common problems while pairing Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A with LG TV
While pairing your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV, you may encounter some problems. Here are some common problems you may face and their solutions:
- The remote doesn’t pair with the TV: Ensure that your Samsung OneRemote is pointed directly at your LG TV and that you are within the line-of-sight range. Also, ensure that the batteries in your remote are not low.
- The TV displays a “Pairing Failed” message: Ensure that your LG TV is turned on and set to the correct input source that your Samsung OneRemote is supposed to work on.
- The TV displays a “Pairing Complete” message, but the remote doesn’t work on the TV: Ensure that there are no obstacles between your Samsung OneRemote and your LG TV that can block the signals. Also, try resetting both devices and starting the pairing process again.
If none of the above solutions work, you can try updating the firmware on both your Samsung OneRemote and LG TV. Check the manufacturer’s website for instructions on how to update the firmware. If the problem persists, contact the customer support of either Samsung or LG for further assistance.
Benefits of using Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A for your LG TV
The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A has numerous benefits when used with your LG TV. Here are some of the benefits:
- Simplicity: With just one remote, you can control all your devices connected to your LG TV.
- Compatibility: The Samsung OneRemote is compatible with various other brands of TVs and not limited to Samsung TVs alone.
- Multiple functions: The Samsung OneRemote can perform multiple functions, including basic TV control, volume management, and even control the smart features of your devices.
Aside from the benefits mentioned above, the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A also has a sleek and ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to hold and easy to use. Its buttons are well-spaced and have a good tactile feel, making it easy to navigate through menus and settings.
Another advantage of using the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is its voice control feature. With this feature, you can easily search for content, change channels, and adjust the volume using your voice. This is especially useful when you have your hands full or when you’re too far away from the TV to use the remote.
Other universal remote options for LG TV users
Aside from the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A, there are other universal remote options for LG TV users. These include:
- Logitech Harmony Elite: A high-end universal remote that can control all your devices, including streaming devices, and even features a customizable touch-screen interface.
- Philips Universal Companion Remote: A budget-friendly option that can control your TV, cable box, and sound system.
- GE Universal Remote: Another budget-friendly option that can control up to four devices and features back-lit buttons for use in dimly lit environments.
It is important to note that not all universal remotes are compatible with all LG TV models. Before purchasing a universal remote, it is recommended to check the compatibility with your specific LG TV model. Additionally, some universal remotes may require programming or setup before use, so be sure to read the instructions carefully or seek assistance if needed.
Differences between Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A and other Samsung remote models
The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A has some differences when compared to other Samsung remote models. Here are some of the differences:
- Design: The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A has a sleeker design, making it comfortable to hold and use.
- Compatibility: The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is more compatible with other non-Samsung devices compared to other Samsung remote models.
- Functionality: The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A has more advanced functionality, such as voice control and an integrated microphone, compared to other Samsung remote models.
Another difference between the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A and other Samsung remote models is the presence of dedicated buttons for popular streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. This makes it easier for users to access their favorite streaming services without having to navigate through multiple menus. Additionally, the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A has a built-in Bluetooth feature, which allows for seamless connectivity with other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
How to unpair Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A from LG TV
If you ever need to unpair your Samsung OneRemote from your LG TV, follow these simple steps:
- Press and hold the “Return” and “Extra” buttons on your Samsung OneRemote at the same time until the “Unpairing Complete” message appears on your TV.
- Press “OK” to confirm the unpairing message.
- Your Samsung OneRemote is now unpaired from your LG TV.
It’s important to note that unpairing your Samsung OneRemote from your LG TV will also remove any customized settings or shortcuts you may have programmed into the remote. If you plan on pairing the remote with the same TV again, you will need to reprogram any settings you previously had.
Frequently asked questions about pairing a Samsung OneRemote with an LG TV
Here are some frequently asked questions about pairing a Samsung OneRemote with an LG TV.
- Q: Do I need to have a Samsung TV to use the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A?
A: No, the Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is compatible with various TV brands, including LG.
- Q: How can I tell if my Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is compatible with my LG TV?
A: The Samsung OneRemote BN59-01266A is a universal remote and is compatible with most TVs that use IR technology.
- Q: Can I use my Samsung OneRemote to control other devices, such as my soundbar?
A: Yes, the Samsung OneRemote can be used to control multiple devices connected to your TV as long as they are compatible.
Now that you know how to pair your Samsung OneRemote with your LG TV and the benefits of doing so, you can enjoy a seamless user experience with just one remote. If you encounter any problems while pairing your devices, refer to this article for troubleshooting tips.
It is important to note that some LG TVs may require additional steps to pair with the Samsung OneRemote. If you are having trouble pairing your devices, make sure that your LG TV is set to the correct input and that the Samsung OneRemote is in pairing mode. You can also try resetting both devices and starting the pairing process again. If you continue to experience issues, consult the user manual for your LG TV or contact customer support for further assistance.