I am currently, at this time of publishing, staring at my wardrobe, with piles of ‘stuff’ on my bed. I’ll be spending this week in the Big Apple and even though it’s just a few days away, I feel like I need to pack everything I own for every eventuality. I’m so excited to return to New York! I tagged along on my sister’s trip with her friends (because tagging along is my duty as a little sister)
There are no solid plans apart from going to the Guggenheim, a place I missed out on the last time I went, and getting a ferry to the Statue of Liberty which I suspect my sister only booked so we could sing the Working Girl theme tune as the boat approaches Lady Liberty.
Whilst I sit here and scratch my head whether to bring these adidas shoes or those adidas shoes, here are some links of recently enjoyed things.
– It seemed fitting, as in 24 hours, I will be one of these people at an airport (hopefully number 5)
– Having a lazy Bank Holiday Monday? Then get onto Netflix and start watching Chef’s Table. It’s beautifully shot and inspiring. The featured chefs are so infectiously passionate that I will never take a dish in a restaurant for granted again.
– I took ages with this Harry Potter quiz
– Remember the Carsten Holler exhibit at the Southbank Centre? The one with the slide? ( I went down twice, here and here) WELL, he’s back with a new one! Tickets for the slide at the Arcelormittal Orbit are available here for £15 per adult.
– Aladdin comes to the West End! No freaking way! Tickets to see a whole new world are available here
– The Guardian’s Blind Date series has me hooked.
– I’ve seen these Mama Bird tees all over Instagram, and I really want one. Being a cat Mama Bird counts, right?
– Skincare! I’m a convert to the Emma Hardie cleansing balm club but couldn’t say the same for it’s matching moisturiser. I’ve been using this Korres Wild Rose moisturiser and I think I’ve hit my skin care jackpot. It’s not outrageously priced either at £20 a pot ( a little goes a long way)
– Succulents and cats. Pretty sure I need to own this
– 31Dover have kindly given me a discount code for my readers, handy if you’re hosting any parties this summer! Use code 31DWHITE to get 10% off your order (valid until the 1st July!)
I won’t be bringing my laptop, but you can follow my New York adventures over on Instagram or Snapchat (I’m ‘theawkwardblog‘ over there)
Have a good week!