I had another post planned for today, but it’s been an intense week for all. I think we could all use some little pick me ups, however small or mighty. I came across a hashtag on Instagram called #mylittlehappies celebrating all the positives of your week, or maybe something you are grateful for. So here are a few of my little happies.
1) It’s Remembrance Day today. Every year, I wear my poppy with pride- especially for my lovely Grandad who served in the Royal Navy during World War II. Here he is, sitting on the end, looking so handsome. My favourite memory is of him, bundling me up into his jacket when I was small on a freezing cold day- he was warm and snuggly and I remembered he laughed a lot.
2) This shop sells Harry Potter book cover purses (amongst other things) There’s loads of other amazing covers from Jane Austen to The Great Gatsby, Alice in Wonderland, and a ton of other classics. There’s even a few gems from Star Wars and Doctor Who.
3) Before the John Lewis ad came out, I was (and still am) salivating over the Burberry advert. It’s EPIC. It makes you wish it was an actual film. It’s remarkable and beautiful- you just have to watch it.
4) I finished the Christmas dinner shop online. That’s right- I am that person. Although, in my defence, I was stung last year when there were no more delivery slots and even the big Tesco had slim pickings. NOT THIS YEAR. Christmas dinner stress- be gone!
(also, it was just too good adding mince pies and cranberry sauce and chocolate mousse and puddings and cheese and turkey – the WHOLE lot into the basket)
5) “If you’re out on the road, feeling lonely and sooo cold”…
…you know it!
25th November guys. It’s coming.
6) I’m getting excited for our new bed delivery on Saturday AND to collect our new table from IKEA. The dining table chairs arrived this week and also the decking for the side return is finished. It’s almost there
*ignores the state of the room that still needs fixing up
7) So, I’ve been trying to fill the Downton Abbey shaped void in my life. Enter- The Crown– on Netflix. First episode in and I have weird feelings towards Matt Smith, as Prince Phillip. Do…do I fancy Prince Phillip? What is happening?!
9) And finally, these holiday cards from Oh Gosh Cindy. A few years ago, I thought nothing could top the Frenchie from Grease print. I was wrong- these Christmassy themed ones from Friends are THE BEST
Especially Turkey Monica.
What are your little happies?